2017 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series – Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers
February 25 @ 8:00 pm - 11:59 pm
On Saturday, February 25, 2017, the Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins® will once again take the national stage stage when the team meets the Philadelphia Flyers® at Heinz Field for the 2017 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™!
This regular-season outdoor matchup will celebrate the 50th anniversary of both the Penguins and Flyers, who were introduced to the NHL as part of the six-team 1967 NHL Expansion. As intrastate foes, the rivalry between these two clubs was natural and immediate, beginning with their first meeting in October 1967, which also was the first NHL game ever played at Philadelphia’s famed Spectrum.
“The Flyers and Penguins will continue their long-standing ‘Second Six’ rivalry with this Coors Light NHL Stadium Series game,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. “With Heinz Field as the setting and State of Pennsylvania bragging rights on the line, we know the first outdoor meeting of these clubs will add to the long list of great Flyers-Penguins memories as they each celebrate 50 years in the NHL.”
“This is a great opportunity for our fans to see the Penguins face off in a unique outdoor setting against the Flyers, our longtime rivals and another member of the 1967 expansion class,” said Penguins President and CEO David Morehouse. “It will be one of the centerpieces of our 50th anniversary celebration, and we’re excited to be taking part. We appreciate the support of Dan and Art Rooney and the entire Pittsburgh Steelers organization in working with us on this event.”
“For the Penguins and Flyers players and fans this outdoor ‘Battle of Pennsylvania’ will be a highlight of the 2016-17 season,” NHLPA Special Assistant to the Executive Director Mathieu Schneider said. “The rivalry between them is one of the best in hockey, and it will be exciting to see them play at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.”
NHL Network™ and NHL.com will provide extensive coverage live from the event leading up to and after the game. NHL Social™ will have exclusive coverage on all social platforms, including the use of the hashtag #StadiumSeries.
Please note, several ticket policies have been established for the 2017 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™:
- Children under the age of two (2) do not require a ticket to attend provided they sit on the lap of an adult throughout the game. Any child who has celebrated their 2nd birthday will need a ticket to enter the building.
- The North Endzone will serve as the Pittsburgh Penguins® Double Attack Endzone.
- The scaling of Heinz Field is not typical of an indoor hockey game. Due to sightlines and seating elevations, the higher level seats provide the best viewing angles. Sightlines will have a direct correlation with ticket prices.
- The NFL’s Clear Bag Policy Will be in effect for this event. To review the policy and a list of non-approved items, click here.
- To purchase prepaid parking passes, please click here. You must log in to view inventory. Reserved parking passes will be mailed in February. Parking purchasers much have the provided hang tag visible from their rear view mirror as they approach the designated parking area.