Free Wi-Fi available for all fans, events planned for all ages
PITTSBURGH – The Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for the team’s preseason matchup versus the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, August 20. Kickoff is set for 4 p.m. and all gates will open at 2 p.m. Parking lots will open at 11 a.m. and the Will Call ticket window (Gate B) will open at 1 p.m.
PLAY FOOTBALL MONTH
August is Play Football Month, formerly known as USA Football Month, and is celebrated by every team in the NFL. The Steelers will celebrate all youth and high school football players and coaches in their two preseason games. Programs from Southmoreland and Chartiers-Houston will participate in an on-field scrimmage during halftime.
PNC JOE GREENE GREAT PERFORMANCE AWARD
At halftime, the Steelers will present Safety Sean Davis (28) with the Joe Greene Great Performance Award.
STEELERS NATION UNITE
Steelers Nation Unite is the official home of Steelers Nation. Free to join, members have opportunities to connect with the team and score exclusive rewards from wherever they follow the Steelers. Fans can sign up at www.steelersnationunite.com, on the Steelers mobile app or at Heinz Field. Members are also encouraged to check in at the stadium on game day using the Steelers mobile app or by visiting www.steelersnationunite.com for a chance to score on-field experiences.
For all home games in 2017, the Steelers have a 50/50 raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home half the prize, and for this game the other half will benefit the Steelers Youth Football Fund.
For more information regarding the 50/50 raffle, please visit http://www.steelers.com/community/50-50-raffle.html.
The Pittsburgh Steelers will continue their tradition of rewarding fans who arrive early on game days with free prizes and giveaways as part of the team’s 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, presented by Steelers Nation Unite. The first 25,000 fans to enter Heinz Field for Sunday’s Preseason Game vs. the Atlanta Falcons will receive a scratch-off card revealing a prize.
The Steelers encourage fans to arrive at least two hours early on Sunday for a chance to win. This week’s partners and prizes include: FREE Pepsi Cola fountain drink, FREE Smith’s Stadium Hot Dog, FREE Fox’s Pizza Den Stadium Pizza, FREE pair of STAGE AE concert tickets, FREE pair of pre-game field passes, FREE McCafe Coffee, FREE Buford’s Kitchen Restaurant appetizer, FREE GetGo Coffee, FREE Isaly’s Steel Town or Goal Line Grinder sandwich.
STAGE AE TAILGATE ZONE
Fans are encouraged to stop at Stage AE, the Official Tailgate Zone of the Steelers. Admission is free and the doors open at 1 p.m. Lava Game will be performing at Stage AE and fans will be able to participate in Steelers prize giveaways, including autographed items. Food and drink specials will be available during the tailgate.
Fans will be led from Stage AE to the stadium approximately 60 minutes before kickoff by the Steelers Nation Unite Fan Parade and the Steeline Drumline. Visit http://www.steelers.com/fan-zone/stage-ae-tailgate.html for more information.
NFL BAG POLICY
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com).
- Visit com/bagpolicy for more information and details.
The Steelers offer free Wi-Fi for all fans throughout Heinz Field. More information will be provided once fans enter the stadium.
- Steelers Experiences will be set up along Art Rooney Ave., allowing fans to capture memorable photos giant Steelers gloves, compare themselves to actual size player cutouts and more.
- The first 25,000 fans to enter Heinz Field will receive a “1st-IN-GOAL” scratch-off card, presented by Steelers Nation Unite.
- Fans can enjoy music from Velveeta live from the FedEx Great Hall prior to to kickoff, starting at 2 p.m.
- Steelers legend Mike Logan will meet-and-greet fans in the Ford Fan Zone from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – this opportunity is open to all ticketed fans.
- The Saint Vincent Marching Band will perform on the field during pregame, starting at approximately 3:45 p.m.
- Charlie Batch’s Best of the Batch High School Athletes will perform the Terrible Towel Twirl before kickoff.
- Saint Vincent College Assistant Professor of Music Tom Octave will perform the National Anthem.