The Pittsburgh Steelers host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Heinz Field on Friday, August 9. The game will be televised locally on CBS (KDKA-TV) and nationally on NFL Network. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to arrive two hours early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last-minute crowds at the gate and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities. All gates will open at 5:30 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to download and utilize Waze, a free navigation app that provides you with the most efficient routes to and from the game. Waze has partnered with Heinz Field to provide fans with directions directly to their parking spot while avoiding traffic delays. Heinz Field provides Waze with all the time-based event day road closures that other GPS software may not be unaware of.
Visit HeinzField.com/waze for more details and parking lot specific directions.
For LIVE traffic and parking updates on game day, fans are encouraged to:
- Download the Official Steelers Mobile App and sign-up to receive game day and stadium alert notifications on their smartphone and mobile devices
- Follow @HeinzField on Twitter
- Listen to Steelers Radio 102.5 WDVE
- Call the new traffic hotline at 412-697-7599
- Drivers should expect long-term impacts due to the Route 51/19 construction project. Traffic will be reduced to single lane both inbound and outbound.
Game day (cash) parkers are encouraged to utilize parking:
- In the Golden Triangle and ride the free Light Rail to Heinz Field
- At Station Square and ride the Gateway Clipper Fleet
- At South Hills Light Rail Lots (for free) and ride the Light Rail to Heinz Field
Gameday (cash) fans arriving on the North Shore from I-279 less than two hours before game time are urged to take Exit 1C to park at Rivers Casino, Beaver Avenue or Western Avenue, or Exit 1D from I-279 Northbound or Exit 2B from I-279 Southbound to park at the Blue 10 Garage or the Nova Place Garage.
Reserved, pre-sold parking lots around the stadium open at 2:30 p.m. to game day parkers. Tailgating is permitted in the pre-sold lots surrounding the stadium. Fans with pre-sold parking (from the East, South and West) should use the West End Bridge to access parking facilities.
DOWNTOWN AND FREE LIGHT RAIL SERVICE
Fans can park Downtown and ride the free Light Rail to Heinz Field. Fans can park in one of the seven Pittsburgh Parking Authority garages Downtown for $6. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile (m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980).
Fans who park Downtown are encouraged to utilize the following routes:
- From the Parkway West, Exit 70B to Ft. Duquesne Blvd
- From the Parkway East, Exit 71B to Second Ave.
STATION SQUARE BOAT SHUTTLES
Park at Station Square ($10) and ride the Gateway Clipper Fleet Steelers shuttle boats ($6 per person, each way). Shuttles board 2 hours before the game and run every 5-30 minutes until kickoff. Return shuttles begin in the third quarter and continue until after the game.
BOAT SHUTTLES FROM DOWNTOWN AND STRIP DISTRICT
Park for $6 downtown and ride the Pittsburgh Water Limo for $5 per person, each way or $8 roundtrip. You can enjoy a boat shuttle ride from the Allegheny Wharf to/from Heinz Field. Access the Allegheny Wharf via steps at the south end of the Clemente Bridge near Ft. Duquesne Boulevard. Pittsburgh Water Limo boat shuttles begin 2.5 hours prior to kickoff. Return shuttles begin at the end of the third quarter and continue until 45 minutes after the game concludes.
ALTERNATE ROUTES TO THE GAME
- I-279 NB – When Exit 1B becomes heavily congested, use N. Shore Alternate Route Exit 1D (Follow signage)
- I-279 SB – When Exit 1B becomes heavily congested, use N. Shore Alternate Route Exit 2B (Follow signage)
- I-279 Access – After the game, quick access to I-279 North is provided via the HOV entrances at Reedsdale Street & Mazeroski Way and Lacock Street & Anderson Street. There are no minimum restrictions on HOV use on the weekend and after 7PM on weekdays. The HOV should be used by all I-279 Fans.
- Clemente Bridge – Both lanes on the bridge will head towards the City after the game, the right lane must turn right. Please use the Andy Warhol (7th St.) Bridge or Rachel Carson (9th St.) Bridge to avoid congestion on Clemente Bridge.
West End Bridge
- If you are in the right lane, stay in the lane across the bridge, do not merge. At the traffic signal, keep moving and turn right on re, then proceed in all directions, including returning to Route 19 South, to Route 51 South, and to I-376 West (Parkway West).
- If you are crossing the bridge from the North Shore area to Route 51 South and I-376 West, the left lane may be the quickest lane to use
I-376 West (Parkway West), Alternate Routes to Consider:
- To Beaver and Butler
counties, Northwest Pennsylvania or Northeast Ohio
- I-279 North via HOV, then North on I-79; OR Route 65 North, then North on I-79
- To Southwest Allegheny County, Washington or Greene
counties, West Virginia or Southeast Ohio
- Route 65 North, then South on I-79
- HOV to I-279 North; then South on Camp Horne Road (Exit 8) to Route 65 North at Emsworth and to I-79 South
- Route 51 North to I-79 South (via Route 65 North; McKees Rocks Bridge South; Route 51 North; then Neville Road North to I-79 South)
- Steuben Street to Ingram, North on Route 60, then South on I-79 or West on I-376
- Route 50 West to I-79 South (North on Route 60 [via Noblestown Road]; then West on Route 50 to I-79 South [Carnegie] or I-79 South [Heidelberg/Kirwan Heights])
- Downtown (postgame)
- Ft. Duquesne Blvd., eastbound from Stanwix Street to Sixth Ave. is closed following the game
- Clemente Bridge is closed northbound following the game
TRUCKS PROHIBITED FROM NORTH SHORE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER GAME
Trucks (except those approved by police for deliveries and those displaying North Shore Pre-Sold Parking permits and traveling directly to their permitted lot or garage) are prohibited from the North Shore Streets Area (Reedsdale Street, Casino Drive, North Shore Drive and Mazeroski Way) from three hours before until two hours after the game.
In order to expedite traffic leaving the North Shore, there are numerous road closures restricting vehicle entry to the campus. As such, the only way to access the campus is from I-279 NB Exit 1B North Shore. Rideshare operators should utilize the WAZE App which will have all applicable road closures programmed and may not otherwise be available within their in-app navigation.