- This event has passed.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts
August 26, 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm
2017 NFL Preseason
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Indianapolis Colts
The Pittsburgh Steelers’ final preseason home game will take place on Saturday, August 26 against the Indianapolis Colts. The game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET and be broadcast locally on KDKA-TV with radio play-by-play on 102.5 WDVE. Tickets for Steelers v. Colts can be purchased via TicketMaster and TicketMaster NFL Ticket Exchange.
PARKING, BOX OFFICE, GATES, KICK-OFF
- Parking lots open at 2:30 p.m.
- Will Call, located at the Steelers Ticket Office by Gate B, opens at 4:30 pm.
- Stadium gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Kick-off at 7:30 p.m.
- 7th St. Bridge: CLOSED. Follow posted detour to 9th St. Bridge
- I-279: HOV access will be available. Right lane closures near Venture and East St. exits
- Liberty Bridge: Closed for the game
- Liberty Tunnell: Outbound direction is closed, inbound lanes will be open
- I-376 East (Parkway East): Outbound lane closures between the Oakland and Greenfield/Squirrel Hill exits starting at 12 a.m. (Sunday) due to Greenfield Bridge construction
CLEAR BAG POLICY
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com and at all Steelers Sideline Stores).
- Visit HeinzField.com/bagpolicy for more information and details.
- 3:00 p.m.: Stage AE Tailgate open
- 4:30 p.m.: Art Rooney Ave. expereinces open
- 5:30 p.m.: FedEx Great Hall live music begins
- 6:00 p.m.: Jason Gildon meet-and-greet in Ford Fan Zone
- 6:30 p.m.: Steelers Nation Unite Parade from Stage AE to the stadium
- 7:15 p.m.: On-field perfomance from Steeline Drumline and WPIAL Football champion high school drumlines
- 7:30 p.m.: National Anthem performed by Chelsea Field
STAGE AE TAILGATE ZONE
Fans are encouraged to stop at Stage AE, the official Tailgate Zone of the Steelers. Admission is free and the doors open at 3 p.m. Unwound will be performing at Stage AE and fans will be able to participate in Steelers prize giveaways, including autographed items. Food and drink specials will be available during the tailgate.
Fans will be led from Stage AE to the stadium approximately 60 minutes before kickoff by the Steelers Nation Unite Fan Parade and the Steeline Drumline. CLICK HERE for more information.
ART ROONEY AVENUE
Before each game, fans are invited to participate in free activities along Art Rooney Ave. outside of the stadium three hours prior to kickoff. Fans can purchase food and drinks while enjoying experiences inside the Gameday Live Tents, meet-and-greet with Steely McBeam, take photos with giant inflatable Steelers gloves, enter to win prizes from various Steelers partners and more.
The Steelers offer free Wi-Fi for all fans throughout Heinz Field. More information will be provided once fans enter the stadium.
For all home games in 2017, the Steelers have a 50/50 raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home half the prize, and for this game, the other half will benefit the United Way. For more information regarding the 50/50 raffle, please CLICK HERE.
The Pittsburgh Steelers will reward fans who arrive early with free prizes and giveaways as part of the team’s 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, presented by Steelers Nation Unite. The first 25,000 fans to enter Heinz Field for Sunday’s preseason game vs. the Indianapolis Colts will receive a scratch-off card revealing a prize. This week’s partners and prizes include: FREE Pepsi Cola fountain drink, FREE Smith’s Stadium Hot Dog, FREE Fox’s Pizza Den Stadium Pizza, FREE pair of STAGE AE concert tickets, FREE pair of pre-game field passes, FREE McCafe Coffee, FREE Buford’s Kitchen Restaurant appetizer, FREE GetGo Coffee, FREE Isaly’s Steel Town or Goal Line Grinder sandwich.
FEDEX GREAT HALL
The FedEx Great Hall along the East side of the stadium will offer fans an in-stadium experience unlike any other. With a pre-game show featuring live music from Glitz starting when gates open at 5:30 p.m., fans will be able to listen to great music while visiting the Steelers Walk of Fame and enjoying food and drinks from nearby concessions stands.
FORD FAN ZONE
The Ford Fan Zone is located under the scoreboard in the south end zone and features activities for fans at each home Steelers game. This week, Steelers legend Jason Gildon will meet fans for photo opportunities from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
STEELERS MOBILE APP
The Steelers Mobile App will offer fans inside Heinz Field exclusive content only seen when inside the stadium. When users turn on “Location-Based Alerts” within the app settings, they will have access to on-demand game replays, news catered to their experience in the stadium, access to guest services and more.
Steeline Drumline and WPIAL Championship Drumlines
The Steeline Drumline will perform on the field pre-game and will be accompanied by the drumlines from the 2016 WPIAL Football championship team high schools. In total, over 100 drummers from the Steeline, University Prep, Steel Valley, Thomas Jefferson, West Allegheny and Central Catholic high schools will perform at approximately 7:15 p.m.
TERRIBLE TOWEL TWIRL
Before each Steelers game a select group will perform the terrible towel twirl on the field near the Steelers’ player tunnel. This week’s Terrible Towel Twirl will be led by representatives from the 2016 WPIAL Football championship teams.
Play Football Month
August is Play Football Month and is celebrated by every team in the NFL. The Steelers will celebrate all youth and high school football players and coaches in their two preseason games. Programs from West Allegheny and North Allegheny will participate in an on-field scrimmage during halftime.
UNITED WAY FIELD GOAL KICKING CONTEST
At halftime, three contestants will compete in a field goal kicking competition. Each contestant will represent their respective company, with the contest winner presenting a $10,000 check on behalf of their company to the United Way.
ATI SALUTE TO HEROES
The ATI Salute to Heroes features a local military hometown hero at each game during the first break of the 3rd quarter. This week’s hero is Captain Ed Rogland of Valencia, PA.
ACCESS, SECURITY AND STADIUM POLICIES
The Steelers and Heinz Field management are advising fans attending the game about some access and security matters, including the following stadium policies:
- Walk-through metal detectors will be in place at every Heinz Field entry point this year.
- Signs and apparel with foul language or inappropriate messages are prohibited at Heinz Field. Fans with signage or apparel bearing foul language will not be allowed into Heinz Field or will be subject to expulsion from the stadium.
- Media must present identification and check-in prior to being admitted to the stadium.
- Media planning on exiting and re-entering the stadium at any point on game day must have their credential “scanned-out” before exiting in order for it to be valid for re-entry.
Heinz Field management recommends that all fans lock their vehicles and keep personal belongings out of sight before entering the stadium. Fans are advised to not leave valuables in their vehicles during games.
The Steelers and Heinz Field management are warning fans to watch out for counterfeit tickets when attempting to make a purchase from scalpers. Fans looking to purchase tickets are encouraged to visit NFL Ticket Exchange to buy-and-sell verified tickets from other fans or visit Steelers Ticket Exchange to buy-and-sell verified tickets from other Steelers fans. Fans are advised not to purchase paper tickets printed through the TicketExchange service from scalpers because of the possibility of counterfeiting.